Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity VM ports hung

On a weekly basis our Unity VM ports hang (all VM ports become busy). The only way we find so far to isolate the problem when it occurs is to stop and restart Unity. Any idea on how to fix this problem?

Note: We are running CallManager 3.1(3a) with TSP 6.0(2) & Unity 2.4.6(135) on Cisco MCS Servers.

Thanks

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Unity VM ports hung

I'm no expert, but we've experienced this problem here at my location with the exact same HW/SW configuration.

It usually results from a disconnect with the CM publisher. If you look in the app. log on the Unity box, you should see a whole bunch of disconnect/reconnect events with the CM box. Yes, the only solution we've found is to reboot. We did have a LOT less problems though, after we made the primary CM a different CM (other than the publisher) in the TSP.

Drop me an email at myke@ed.gov if you want to discuss.

Cisco Employee

Re: Unity VM ports hung

If you are indeed seeing "whole bunch of disconnect/reconnect events" that's probably a symptom, not the problem itself. There's a layer in Unity that will try to disconnect/reconnect with CCM if it thinks something is wrong with hopes that such a disconnect/reconnect will clear it up. Depeding on the situation, sometimes this works. If there are a bunch of disconnect/reconnects, it's a situation that cannot be helped by that behavior; most likely something is not operating correctly at a higher level in Unity.

Such port locks like this can be caused by multiple different roots...there is no one thing that causes port locks. Getting to root cause will likely involve setting and gathering traces. TAC will be able to assist with that. You could also scan the release notes of Unity and the TSP to see if there are any port lock issues that have been fixed beyond that of the version on the system.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.