Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Unity VM with Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2k on same domain.

Hello Everyone,

Here is my scenerio.

Unity 3.1 with voice mail only running exchange 5.5 on same unity box.

We recently upgrade to exchange 2k on our email exchange from 5.5.

I would like to create an Internet subscriber on our Voice Mail Unity box that will send the voice mail as an email to a user on our exchange 2k box.

both systems are on the same domain. and Users Authenticate and can log

in to Unity Active Assistant though Active Directory.

I can also check a subscribers voicemail as a test using Outlook express connecting to Unity exchange box.

However if I try to forward the email to Exchange 2k , we get an error.

Here it is:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'ccuniqh2', Server: 'ccuniqh2', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Can anyone direct me to a link or something that will help me troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Cisco Employee

Re: Unity VM with Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2k on same domain.

Sounds like SMTP connector problems (this is probably more of an Exchange thing than a Unity thing). I'd take the event ID of that message along with the source and search at

Here's what MSDN says about the socket error...

Connection refused.

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the foreign host—that is, one with no server application running."

Does the ccuniqh2 server have a SMTP connector installed? Is the ccuniqh2 server an Exchange server?

CreatePlease to create content