Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity VMO Question

I am running Unity 3.1x VMO in AD. I have an Exchange 2K server for e-mail, and Exchange 2K installed on the Unity. I created an OU in AD called VM. added users. now when people send an e-mail, it asked for what e-mail to use. Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Chris

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity VMO Question

I'm confused by this question... what do you mean it's asking which email to use? I'm not sure what you're getting at here or what it has to do with VMO...

The customer doesn't want any VM going to their e-mail. So I installed Exchange 2K on the unity server. They have Corp Exchange server currently running in their domain. I created an OU called VM, added users in there with a different name. For some reason, when users send e-mail using outlook, they are asked which e-mail addy they want to use. One is their normal addy, the other is the addy setup in for unity.

Cisco Employee

you mean the VM only mail accounts you created are showing up in the address list? Outlook isn't going to "ask" which one to use - I guess that's what's throwing me off by your description here.

If I understand you correctly you need to hide the VM only accounts from the address book in the directory so they dont show up in Outlook as a destination option. You need to do this in ADUC. The next version of the Message Store Monitor that will be released possibly the end of this week (need to finish the testing cycles on it) will have an option for hiding mailboxes for subscribers in bulk for Exchange 5.5 or 2000 - little nicer than doing it in the directory on your own.

Thanks, that helps. how will I know when it is released? Just watch for it on CCO?

Thanks,

Chris

Cisco Employee

It'll show up on www.CiscoUnityTools.com well ahead of CCO. The home page on CiscoUnityTools has a running list of updates I make, when I post the updated MSM it'll show up on that update list.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content