cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity voice crackly and fuzzy

0jwu
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 3.13. When I call a subscriber's mailbox, the subscriber's greeting sounds just fine. However when the female Unity voice comes on after to say " you may record your voice after the tone...." it sounds very fuzzy and crackly. It doesn't always seem to happen, just sometimes. Unity interfaces with Call Manager 3.1.3a and we use g711only.

6 Replies 6

afuller
Level 4
Level 4

When do you hear this: calling internally or from the PSTN? If it's just from the PSTN, what voice gateway are you using? If it's the 6608, take a look at this:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26mode%3Dnew%26location%3D.ee84df4

adam

kepperly
Level 1
Level 1

We are having the same problem with the canned vioces, where as the

greetings are fine. Is does not seam to make a different if the calls

are coming from the inside or outside.

mciarochi
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like CSCdx36894.

I had this problem and got a firmware load from TAC - D0040301X530 for the WS-X6608 blade. Make sure to get the DSP load for the 6608 - you should have two firmware images (guess why I know that).

That fixed it.

Thanks! I got the load from TAC. Did TAC explain why there is this problem? My TAC engineer didn't know anything except that it was a known bug

Would this work the 6625-FXS??

I believe it was a change in the buffer settings on the card.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: