Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity voice mail only or Unified help required?

Hello,

I have this box running unity 3.1 it has 16 ports 300 user from key dump.

Exchange 2000 and Active directory are installed on the box.

How do you tell if it is voice mail only or If users can get Voice mails as emails therfor a unified Voice mail system.I'm confused what is the difference between VM only and Unified is their software differences ?

Also under exchange First storage groug mailbox their is example administrator and the mailbox size is 500,000 500mb what should I do is this normal ?

Thankyou Kindly.

1 REPLY

Re: Unity voice mail only or Unified help required?

The example administrator account is the ccount that messages go to by default when the syatem doesn't no where to put them.

Do you have users sending and receiving e-mail through exchange/outlook, that are homed to this box?

If so you could have system wide messages that are also going to the example admin. Regardless, you probably want to go in and change some of the canned defaults. The design or admin guides discuss this further.

As far as UM or VM-only, Cisco only supports exchange on box if it is VM-only. My guess is this is they way you are probably using it. Are people listening to their vm through outlook? What about e-mail through their phone? If so you more than likely have a UM install.

The other thing to look at is to have any TTS ports? If so it is probably UM.

Israel

Views
Helpful
Replies