Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Voice Mail Ports not Registering with CallManager

We have a Unity Failover environment with off Box Exchange 2000 and CallManager 3.3(3), Unity version 4.0(2), and TSP version 7.0(2). We are having difficulty getting the Unity Voice Mail ports to register. We have also received the below listed errors. Any ideas where to look for troubleshooting? I have not run into this problem before. When you run the verify in the TSP all looks well.

John

Event Viewer Error:

- - - - - - - - - - -

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Cisco CallManager

Event Category: None

Event ID: 3

Date: 9/2/2003

Time: 10:54:54 AM

User: N/A

Computer: DNMSCCMS1

Description:

Error: DeviceTransientConnection - Transient connection attempt.

Connecting Port: 2000

Device name [Optional].:

Device IP address.: 10.15.7.36

Device type. [Optional]: 255

Reason Code [Optional].: 6

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: DNMSCCMP1-Cluster

Node ID: 10.15.7.5

Explanation: A connection was established and immediately dropped before completing registration. Incomplete registration may indicate a device is rehoming in the middle of registration. The alarm could also indicate a device misconfiguration, database error, or an illegal/unknown device trying to attempt a connection.

Recommended Action: No action is required if this event was issued as a result of a normal device rehome..

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity Voice Mail Ports not Registering with CallManager

Are there any errors in the Unity server event log?

The Verify button does the same register with CCM as when Unity first fires up. Also, I assume you followed the procedure for setting up a failover environment with Unity/CCM.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/integuid/callma33/itcicm33.htm#1114914

and

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/whitpapr/ccmports.htm

I have done this and it is of no assistance. Any information as to why a VM Port might not register in CallManager would be of assistance.

John

Cisco Employee

Hard to speculate why the VM port would fail to register. You did not state directly but I assume Unity is not registering on startup, nor is ever successfully registering.

Here is another link that talks about that specific error

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080111ac2.shtml#transconnatt

Also, turning on the tsp tracing via the Unity diagnostic tool may shed some light.

Idle thought, I assume you have provisioned seperate voice ports on CCM for the primary/secondary Unity servers?

Views
Helpful
Replies