cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Voice Mail retreval issues

jfrelin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kinda Wierd.. Never had this problem on 2.4.6 installs...

Voice mail works great. Callers from the PSTN can call in, Person doesn't answer and it goes directly to voicemail. They leave message. Great!

voip user see's MWI status, that is fine. voip user can call Direct did to voicemail or hit the messages button and unity answers BUT it will not automaticly log the users extension name in so that they only have to type in their password as it did on 2.4.6.

This is a new install of unity 3.1 and I've never installed anything above 2.46 as of this install. Is there a new option to enable that Feature as before or am I missing something here?

-jjf-

3 Replies 3

mysterx
Level 1
Level 1

That feature (easy message access) should be enabled automatically.

Use the Call Viewer (in the Unity folder on the start menu) to see what shows up for the calling party. If the call is showing up as a forwarded call instead of direct (for example it has the pilot DN or route point as the forwarding station) then this is why it's not doing an auto-login.

It would also be helpful to know the version of Call Manager and TSP you're using.

Scott Morgan

Cisco Systems TAC

Call Manager v3.1.3a

TSP 6.0.1 (Most current)

All the Voice mail Ports themselves are set to roll over to one another CFNA/CFB.

This is what I'm getting when I make a test call that doesn't auto-login. (taken from the Call Viewer Utility)

(Station Called From = 50451)

(Voicemail DN's = 50433 - 50440)

"Call #","Origin","Reason","Trunk ID","Port ID","Dialed Number","Calling Number","Forwarding Station"

"2","Internal","Fwd(Ring no answer)","0","1","50433","50451","50433"

ideas?

It's showing up as a forwarded call from the first voice mail port.

The latest version of the TSP shouldn't have a problem with this, but you might need to program your port DN's on the Unity Ports page in the SA.

However, if it isn't working, and you can't supress it from the phone system side, you could build a routing rule.

Basically, the rule(s) should say that forwarded calls from 50433-50440 should go to the sign-in conversation, rather than attempt forward to personal greeting.

For more info:

http://cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/sag/sag313/sag_0230.htm#92015