cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UNity Voice Mail

aaaarshad
Level 1
Level 1

I configured the Unity Voice mail system. It works fine .. Question is, when i dail the voice mail extension it ask for the id.. I tried telephone extension, user name assign to ip phone but without any luck.

Can some body tell me where top set the telephone id, and how to configure.

Ali

4 Replies 4

mysterx
Level 1
Level 1

If it is asking you to dial the ID in order to reach a subscriber, you need to dial whatever extension is set up for that person's profile in the Unity SA.

If it is asking for the sign-in ID, you need to dial the extension that is set up in the profile, followed by the security code.

If you don't have any subscribers set up in Unity, that is the problem. Unity doesn't magically assign voicemail to every phone, the database needs to be programmed or imported.

You should be able to find all of the information necessary to set this up and troubleshoot in the System Administration Guide. Here is a link to the online documentation:

http://cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/

I configured the extension 2000 in Unity.. When i call from outside i get the vocie mail prompt, and record the message.. Once i try to dial the voice mail number to retrieve the message it ask for id, i input the extension... but where is the security code is.. I couldn't find it..

Ali

The security code is set on the template you use to create the subscriber.

I think the default is 12345 but check your default template or whatever template you used to create the subscriber.

Scott

I tried it. but it doesn't work. I change the password of the default template and recreate the user, but without luck

Ali

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: