Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity w/Caller ID

I've got two "problems".

1. For Pager Notifications:

Is there any way to get the Unity to include the caller ID of a left message? Unity is 4.0(2).

My old vmail system allowed me to pre-set these digits for pager notification like 411*X*Y. The vmail would replace the X with the subscriber's mailbox number and the Y with the Caller ID of the person that left the message.

2. When listening to a message if you request message info the system tells you whn the message was left, but not the caller ID. I know the system maintains the info because on outlook integrations the caller ID is listed as part of the message.

Any way to implement either of these two items?

Lee

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: Unity w/Caller ID

No, there isn't a way to send the caller ID with paging.

If the message is from an unidentified subscriber (usually an outside caller) no caller ID information is played. If the message is from an identified subscriber the recorded name is played unless no recorded name exists. In that case the extension number is played.

Both of these would probably be good features to add. You might want to get your account team to open a PERS request.

Thanks,

Keith

Views
Helpful
Replies