cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity will not turn message light off

s.hills
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Unity 3.15. I have one subscriber that has checked all of his messages but Unity will not turn light off. When I look under messages under the subscriber Unity says the light should be on. However the subscriber has checked all of his messages and has no new messages. This is not a unified messaging install. I hit the refresh on MWI but still the light says it should be on. I have deleted the Unity account but did not delete the exchange account and still the light remains on. I would delete the exchange account but customer does not want to loose his messages. What else can I try?

6 Replies 6

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

The first thing I would try would be to ask the user to dial the MWI Off extension on his phone and see if that turns the light off. Is this by any chance a CallManager integration? If it is, you can check the status of the MWI light from CallManager's side by going to the Phone configuration and click on the IP address hyperlink. This brings up the Device Information screen, where MWI status is displayed on the last line. That would help tell you what the PBX thinks should be the MWI status, as it is the PBX that actually performs the set lamp instruction.

Sincerely, Ginger

Yes this is the a Call Manager intergration. The user can dial the message off to turn the light off. But that really doesn't help to fix the problem. See Unity for some reason thinks the light should be on. If I hit refresh on Unity the light is cut back on on the phone. Unity or Exchange is the problem here not Call Manager...at least in my opinion. I almost think it would point more to being a Exchange mailbox problem.

Have you opened the Exchange mailbox to ensure that all messages are marked as read, you can do this with Outlook even thought it is not an Unified system. You will hve to connect as an administrator or the client that owns the mailbox. Mark any unread messages as read and this shoul clear the light.

I went into the persons mailbox through outlook express. I marked all messages as read. This caused the light to go off. I then left a new message and the light comes on. Problem seems to be the user sometimes wants to save message as unread even though he has listened to it. This seems to be causing some kind of problem.

Hi again -

The Unity Notifer monitors the user's inbox for new voicemail and the service AVNotifer_MC synchronizes subscribers' inboxes upon start-up. You mentioned in your original post that you deleted the user's Unity account. Since the user's Exchange inbox is still intact, I would reimport the user into Unity (if this is appropriate for a VMI install, as I am only familiar with the UM/Exchange integration). Prior to recreating the user's Unity account, I would use your Unity tools to check out the status of the user - DBWalker and Remove Subscriber Properties (in case Unity thinks the user is still a subscriber or there are call handlers still associated with the subscriber you deleted). Plus - here is a great resource on diagnosing MWI problems from Cisco - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a00801189b0.html

Hope this helps! Ginger

rgreen
Level 1
Level 1

Check The following registry entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchAD\1.00\Directory\defaultdomain (make sure this is correct)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchAD\1.00\Directory\defaultmailstore (make sure this is correct)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchGlobalCatalog\1.00\Directory\defaultglobalcatalogserver (make sure this is correct)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Doh\1.00\mailsevername (make sure this is correct)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\MalEx\1.0\servername (make sure this is correct)

If any changes were made you should reboot server and test.

Hope this helps

Rob