Helpful
Replies

Unity with Bindview and seperate SQL database

thorster
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone used Bindview to automate user imports from AD using E2K

and

Is it possible to use to an external 2000 SQL database instead of using SQL on Unity. The environment is an Enterprise with centralized database mgmt thus this would be helpful from that stand point.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure how you plan to use BindView for user imports here but color me skeptical - you can check out the code samples I'm accumulating on www.CiscoUnityTools.com on the code samples page for examples on how to create/import subscribers from AD if you want to try and automate that on your own.

No, you can't move SQL off box - it's got to be on the Unity server itself.

thorster
Level 1
Level 1

Bindveiw was going to be used to attempt to automate the user creation process for new hires etc.

http://www.bindview.com/downloads/public/WhitePapers/bvAdminEnhancADAdminWP.pdf

Not sure if that will work though

I don't see anything on that link that will help you with creating Untiy subscribers... you can't create a Unity subscriber by just twiddling with some properties/permissions in AD - you'll have to create the users on the Unity server's SQL database which requires you interface with some stored procedures (which I show you how to do in those code samples).

Unless they have some extensible plug in where you can include scripts of your own that can do this for you through their interface (which would be cool but I kinda doubt that's included) I don't see this being a practical mechanism for you.