cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity won't start auto

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,<br><br>I have a W2K member server and join to the existing domain before Unity installation. I have put Exchange 2000 server and MSDE in the same laptop IBM T22 model. The problem is that the Unity will not start up after Configuration setup completed. I have got two error messages from event viewer:<br>1) AvCsMgr service terminated unexpectedly, it had done 1 time and no corrective action.<br>2) Fatal error occurred while creating an SSL server credential.<br><br>Pls adv.<br><br><br><br>

6 Replies 6

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Do you get any errors in the application log that say anything like AvCsMgr failed to start for blah reason? Check for errors where the source starts with Av. Also do you have enough memory in the notebook? 512mb should be as low as you want to go. What is the Unity build also?

Thanks,

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Hi,

Checked with application log, there are no errors. My notebook had 512M RAM already. Also, do I need to kill Av*.* and restart Unity to let it works as I remember when I do it in version 2.4.6

Regards,
Bruce Yim

Do you think you could be running into this?
http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/confignotrun.html

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Hi,

The configuration setup had been run but with error. It states that one of the service cannot be started or failed. Is there any special procedure for installing Unity to IBM Laptop T22 model??

Regards,

Well any notebook is not a Cisco supported platform. Is has never been tested but I would think it could work for testing or demos. Can you post the tempu.log?

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Hi ,

After a while, I have got several errors from application log. They are AvCsService_MC, DOH_MC, AvUMR_MC etc. They are all failed to start. I am using Unity 3.0.2 version and advise any specific procedure that I need to run to make it workable.

Many thanks.

Regards