cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity won't start

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Install complete but the configuration setup tells me it can't connect to the SQL server. Have MSDE on the box and running, Exchange is off-box with the Exchange Admin Tools on. I tried running Configuration Manger to create the default db but that fails as well. TAC has dialed in once and we all have checked log-on-as a service and log-on-locally and Act-as-OS. Anything more I can check why Unity and SQL won't talk? Thanks<br><br>Anthony Duval<br>Systems Engineer <br>Special Order Systems<br>aduval@team-sos.com<br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

One other thing that is bugging me I can't find the tempu.log. I have searched all three drives on the server.

Anthony Duval
Systems Engineer
Special Order Systems
aduval@team-sos.com

Tempu.log is in a hidden file. You will need to enable hidden file viewing. It is stored in the C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.DOMAIN\Local Settings\Temp directory on my machine. Your account name and domain name might be different.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

We are having the same problem with MSMQ errors 2121 and 2124. running 3.1.2 with MSDE on a member server with Exch5.5. eventid.net said to add a registry value to indicate the Win2K server is running in workgroup mode???

Trying to launch Unity configure tool after upgrade but system returns that SQL is unable to connect to Unity database. Any ideas?

Not applicable

Resolved when we were given FULL domain admin rights.

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Can the SQL Server Enterprise Manager connect to the DB ok? I saw this once when somebody installed MSDE on a machine installed with the CallManager OS CD. The CallManager has OS has .dll files that have been removed.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems