cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity

pepsiflat
Level 1
Level 1

In our installation of Unity 2.4.6 build 102, Unity is creating many files on the root of the C drive. One example is the file C:\AvSecurityKey4c8.log. The content of this file is:

[51c][4c8][14:18:31:968]CAvAsyncCallWrapper::~CAvAsyncCallWrapper SignalObjectAndWait returned 0x00000102, GetLastError returned 00000000

[51c][4c8][14:18:39:968]CAvAsyncCallWrapper::~CAvAsyncCallWrapper SignalObjectAndWait returned 0x00000102, GetLastError returned 00000000

Could anyone explain this problem??

Thanks in advance!

Michel Nantel

mnantel@gt.ca

3 Replies 3

mysterx
Level 1
Level 1

Can you post this question on the Unity forums at avforums.isomedia.com ? There's a better chance of getting an answer from one of the Unity developers there.

Also, are the files removed according to the Unity's log file expiration settings? Default is 1 week.

I've the same version installed and I do not see the files being removed automatically. BTW, where do set the number of days the logs files are retained ?

You can set log retention time in the SA under System/Configuration/Settings/Files Cleanup.

I don't believe that these settings will have an effect on the particular files in question, however.

The AvSecurityKey portion of the filename indicates that the log relates to the license verification process. Unity checks for a valid license key (dongle) when starting up, and again each night around midnight. If the dongle has been removed, or if you are running a keyless demo version of Unity, this may explain the behavior. On most properly licensed systems I've worked with, there will be only one AvSecurityKey*.log file in C:\.