cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity3.0 w/Ex5.5

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Can I install Unity 3.0 by ITSELF, then connect it to an existing but separate Ex. 5.5 Mail server?<br>According to the instructions below, I should be able to, can you confirm? thanks:)<br>"If you do not install Exchange on the Cisco Unity server, later in the installation you specify an Exchange server on the network for the Cisco Unity server to connect with."<br>(http://cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity30/inst/inst301/inst_020.htm#xtocid2238133)<br><br><br>

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Yes you can. Setup is broken in to two parts with 3.0. Once you have part one done, which is the guts of Unity, you run setup part two. Part two basically just sets up the connection between Unity and your Exchange server.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Not applicable

Keith, just to confirm your answer.
I can install Unity 3.0 w/o local 5.5 message store in the Unity server, then I can connect Unity to the external Ex 5.5 message store/mail server. Effectively having no embedded Ex. 5.5 message store within Unity. Correct?

Yes you can with 3.0.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: