Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity3.1not in service

Unity was running all last week. As I come in today you get an error message after you hear the greeting that Unity is not in service. When I stop Unity and try to restart it, It fails and I have to reboot the server. When I reboot the server it seems to function for a while but then port 1 remains busy and it takes like 6 rings to get to an available vmail port. Definately some weird stuff going on. I heard that the first problem could be fixed w/ SQL 2000 sp 2. The install of the sp2 is even not going smoothly. Does SQL sp2 sound like the fix for the problems or is it something else? Thanks.<br><br>

4 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Unity3.1not in service

What version of Unity do you have?

Thanks,

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Sorry it is unity 3.1(1). I am using SQL 2000 sp1 and CM 3.1(3)

Gold

There are a bunch of bugs that have to do with Unity locking up. One that comes to mind is that if Unity sits idle for a few days it can lose access to SQL. All that I know of are fixed in 3.1(3). I would jump up to 3.1(3) ASAP.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

I think I will still do the upgrade tomorrow morning but, I feel I have found the problem. The c: drive is only a 4gig drive and Win2k,SQL,Exchange, and Unity is all on it!!! Along with the paging and virtual mem. I switched the paging file to the D: drive that is a 12gig drive. Is it okay to direct the Exchange database to the D: drive also?
If so to do this I will have to copy the priv1.edb and priv1.stm files to the D: drive because this is a live system ...right?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content