Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

UnityDb and CCMXXXX Databases

I am wondering if there has been any thought to merging the Unity and CallManager Databases in an integrated environment?<br><br>It seems to me that being able to admin CCM and Unity in one interface instead of 2 would be a major improvement. Plus it would make for killer reporting to be able to pull both CCM and Unity data into single reports, instead of relying on the wizardry and magic of Excel.<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: UnityDb and CCMXXXX Databases

oh yes... this has been more than just considered. Being able to just push/pull information back and forth between the two SQL servers (they use 7.x and we use 2000 at the moment so sharing a DB isn't an option) would be very nice. A unified administration console that covers both CM and Unity and PA etc... is on the drawing board but I have no idea when/if it'll actually hit the streets or what it'll look like when it does. Sharing a common set of schema extensions in AD is also on the board which would also be really nice.

I have on my list of things to investigate (which keeps getting longer and longer all the time) if we can at least do a simple "pull" or "push" for creating Unity subscribers based on CM data or updating CM user info off Unity subscribers or the like. Not as cool as a fully unified administration console for all AVVID apps but it's better than a poke in the eye with a stick and it's something I can do in the short term while the gnarly details get worked out across the various BUs for doing something more robust.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content