Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unpgrade/downgrade software

Hello,

When i want to register my 7960G or my 7912G IP Phone with callmanager, it take some minutes. I think in the first time is normal. I have two callmanger in the remote site, and a callmanger express v3.4 in the remote site ( i have configured a ccmgroup with this order : publisher, subscriber, ccmexpress). When the phone is registred with cme and connection come up, it take also some minutes to register with the publisher and vice vera. In all these case, the upgrading appear in the screen.

any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Unpgrade/downgrade software

First of all why is CME listed in the CCM group?

Your issue is probably because the phone load files on CME do not match the files on CCM TFTP server, so everytime it reregisters it downgrades/upgrades the files.

Chris

Hello,

I have two callmanager (Pub and Sub) for redandoncy and load balancing purposes. These servers are installed in the home office and i have many sites with Voice gateway and Ip phones. i will that when there is a problem with the two ccm servers or when there i WAN otage, ip phone can register with CME, please is there any way to make this without adding CME ip address in ccm group.

Thanks in advance!!

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Have you hear of SRST?

Instead of configuring CME on the remote router, configure SRST (kind of slimmed down verision of CME). This way the phones will have be preserved in case WAN is down, and at the same time you wont need CME. I don't even think adding CME to CCM group is supported by Cisco.

Chris

Hello,

Yes, we have used CME instead of SRST because when there is a power probelm, the config of phones will be lost in remote site when there a wan otage also in the same time. For this, we have configured the cme. But, i have two callmanager, and the third is cme ? is there any posiblity to make this config without add a ccm group ?

adding 3 ip address with option 150 can't resolve this.

Thanks for help.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content