Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unpredictable IPMA

Hello,

We installed a redundandt Callmanager formed IP Telephony system with IPMA.. The IPMA CTI route point has 8 Directory Numbers to the manager's Proxy lines, but some of them works unpredictable. It means after applying modification on a CTI DN, other(s) break down....

....Last night we rebooted the whole system and today it turned out that one manager's line does not work....We restarted the CTI route point, the CTI service, the tomcat service...no changes....

I am very angry because we have not made any modification on that CTI DN at all...It seems the calls cannot reach the CTI DN....Have anyone seen like that?

Additionally the Intercept function works also promiscuous...when I push the Intercept button relative quickly it breaks down the manager's IPMA window on his/her phone...I have to restart TOMCAT...

My opinion that IPMA is kind a sh...

Regards,

Endre

4 REPLIES

Re: Unpredictable IPMA

Have similar problems - If I have IPMA and extension Mobility activated, the IPMA manger functionality goes away after a bit.

Sounds like a TAC case to me.

Rory

Silver

The same here, it's just full of bugs...105 by now!

This one goes to Rory

CSCdz39967

Symptom: IPMA is not supported for a EM/Mobile Manager.

Condition: The EM/Mobile manager logs into the same device for the 2nd time.

it works fine the first time.

Workaround: Restart the Cisco IPMA Service by restarting the Cisco Tomcat

service from Windows Admistrative tools - services menu.

First Fixed-in Version 3.4(0.101), 3.4(0.73), 3.3(2.11), 3.3(2.10), 3.4(0.92), 3.4(0.93), 3.4(0.96), 3.4(0.97), 3.4(0.99), 3.4(0.115)

And another one for Endre...

CSCea16459

Symptom: IPMA cannot open the CTI route point.

Condition: Restart the Primary CTI manager machine while IPMA is starting up.

Workaround: Restart the Cisco IPMA service after the Primary CTI manager machine is up.

Thanks marina. Knew that EM was not availbale for IPMA, but its just the action of implementing the EM service for other handsets that seems to upset things...

Regards

Endre,

I would imagine that IPMA would behave Unperdictable if you have it configured as you described. Presently IPMA only supports 6 DN's on the CTI route point. See CSCea63881

I would recomend using wildcards and expressions if possible to get rid of the extra two line appearances.

robert

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content