cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unrequested, repeated self-enrollments

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have heard this complaint from a couple of sites. They all are running 3.0. Is this a known issue?<br><br>From Client:<br>I created a new subscriber today; and when the subscriber self enrolled on Unity; the system hung after recording his name 4 times. After the 4th time, Unity wouldn't answer.<br><br>I had to reboot the server, and the system is up again.<br><br>I found this error:<br>The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty. This occured many times over the course of today in the event log.<br><br><br>

4 Replies 4

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Can you be more specific on the Unity version? What process logged the event log error? Are there any other Unity errors in the event log? Has this ever worked correctly? By the system hung do you mean that Unity stop all together or just this one user’s conversation?

Thanks,

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Can you be more specific on the Unity version?
3.0(2)

What process logged the event log error?
srv

Are there any other Unity errors in the event log?
Checking

Has this ever worked correctly?
Yes

By the system hung do you mean that Unity stop all together or just this one user’s conversation?
The server "locked up" and needed to be restarted.

Not applicable

There is a defect CSCdv86261 which is related to leaks in paged pool and non-paged pool for all Unity processes. Did you see a memory leak in any of the Unity processes when this condition existed? The defect doesn't mention anything about an event log error, so I suppose it could be something else.

Here is the release note from that defect:
Symptom: New log files will not be opened each night and paged pool and np pool for all Unity process may appear to leak.

Conditions: The paged, np pool will appear to leak, only if no new files have been opened in a few days.

Workaround:Use maestro tools to "Open Next" diag file. This will flush out the paged and np pool for the time being.

If it is CSCdv86261 it is fixed in 3.1(2) and 3.0(4). 3.1(2) is on CCO now and 3.0(4) will be shortly.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems