Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Untiy 3.1 (5) Call Handlers

Is it possible to associate a subscriber extension to a call handler. I would like to transfer calls from any IP phone directly to a designated call handler when desired. Does anyone have a solution for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Untiy 3.1 (5) Call Handlers

Unless I'm missing something here this should be pretty easy... calls can be routed to call handlers by ID just like they are for subscribers - so you should just have to assign IDs to those call handlers making up your opening greeting gree and setup dummy DNs the operators can forward calls to - have the DNs setup to always forward to the Unity hunt group and you should be done.

When a call comes in forwarded from an extension (say 1234) we lookup all call handlers and subscribers for that ID - there can be only one at most on the system - if a match is found the active greeting for that handler or subscriber is played. There should be no reason to "tie" the handler to a subscriber to make this work.

Unless I'm missing something?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

I don't understand what you want to do here... I'm sure there's a way to do it but I don't get where you're going here.

A subscriber has an extension that will handle incoming calls from that number - why do you want this hanelded by a call handler specifically?

We have several Call Handlers setup for our Opening Greeting, each one allowing caller input. Some callers do not reach the Opening Greeting because they called in through a different Gateway ringing a live Admin, these callers when answered by a live Admin would like to be transfered to a specific Handler (office location and hours) within the Opening Greeting. The way it is configured now is that the caller would be transfered to the Opening Greeting and would have to listen to all the prompts before making a selection, I want the live Admin to make the selection for them based on caller request as a transfer.

Cisco Employee

Unless I'm missing something here this should be pretty easy... calls can be routed to call handlers by ID just like they are for subscribers - so you should just have to assign IDs to those call handlers making up your opening greeting gree and setup dummy DNs the operators can forward calls to - have the DNs setup to always forward to the Unity hunt group and you should be done.

When a call comes in forwarded from an extension (say 1234) we lookup all call handlers and subscribers for that ID - there can be only one at most on the system - if a match is found the active greeting for that handler or subscriber is played. There should be no reason to "tie" the handler to a subscriber to make this work.

Unless I'm missing something?

Thank you for the help. An oversight on my part, the optional extension was not used in this case. After creating a dummy DN and adding that to the extension of the Call Handler it worked. Thanks for the input.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content