cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uone Ports Not Transferring When Busy

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I just upgraded to 2.4.6.135 and TSP 3.0.0.7 on Unity and 3.1.1 on Call Manager. Everything is working except that the calls to the Unity ports are not transferring to unbusy ports, i.e. when port 1 is busy all other callers get a busy signal. The other 3 ports will send out MWIs. <br><br>Call Manager is set up to transfer the first to the second, etc. when busy/no answer, so I'm not sure what else to check!<br> <br><br>

10 Replies 10

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

We have seen this once before but were unable to find root cause. If you restart the CallManager does this happen immediately or does this condition develop over time? Can you send a CCM trace of this issue? Send it to keithc@cisco.com.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Thanks. I'll try a restart after the office closes and get back to you.

Can you get a CCM trace now? We would like to see what your CallManager thinks is going on. Setting one up does not require a reboot. Let me know if you need any help doing it.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Sent it about half an hour ago. Let me know if you didn't receive it.

OK, I can see that it is failing but still can't see root cause. Can you reset the ports from the Unity TSP and see if it goes away? If that does not do it can you stop/start the CallManager as see if it goes any?

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Had to reboot anyway. Couldn't log onto the manager anymore for some reason. Reset all 4 ports on Unity with no luck. Now that the CM is rebooted, I still can't access more than 1 port.

OK. This is the plan...

Lets kick on the SDL traces and stop/start the CallManager. SDL should be on by default with 3.1 but you can check this in the service parameters. Set the flag to true and restart CallManager to get them running if they are not already. Then make it fail. Send the SDL and CCM traces from the same time that included the startup of CallManager. If we can’t figure out the problem then a DE can with those traces.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

The answer to this problem was worked out via telephone. What happened was that I had configured the Call Manager under Service>Cisco Messaging Interface and put in the Voice Mail pilot number in the VoiceMailDN field. Taking the pilot number out fixed my problem. Thanks Keith!

I am experiencing the same problem. To remedy the problem what did you do? Thanks for your help.

Did you look at the post above?

http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=ipswitch&Number=5392&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&vc=1#Post5392

Let me know if it is not clear.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: