cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade 2.3 -> 2.4 switch files do not appear

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Followed instructions on chapter 5 exactly to upgrade unity from 2.3 to 2.4..One problem when setting up dialogic boards i used the wrong irq during setup..after boot up the<br>dialogic service failed i fixed the dialogic boards "d41/d" with dcm manually and started service okay...after reboot unity and dialogic all started fine but when u go to "switch" in SA all drop down boxes were very small and blank could not choose anything also switchedit.exe would not run without c+ runtime error it could be run without unity running but then could not communicate with voiceserver to update changes...:(<br><br>To fix the problem remove dialogic again as instructed in chapter 5 of installation manual and reload just dialogic w/o unity and be sure to put in proper irq and base address for all boards and walla unity running okay with all switch settings intact..<br><br>thnx scott at technical support for running into this problem in class and helping me with it..<br><br>This post in for fyi and does not need a response just wanted to post it because when i was stuck i browsed this forum for help..<br><br>note..24 hour tech support for unity did not return calls until the following buisness day :(<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Thanks for your post. I think there may be an easier way to handle this scenario if someone runs into it again.

What’s happening here is the switch page has some logic in it that checks for the TAPI driver loaded. The switches and integrations offered on this page depend on which driver is loaded (i.e. Cisco vs. Dialogic analog, vs proprietary digital integration for some or our partners etc…). If it makes a check and discovers either no TAPI driver loaded or no ports offered by the TAPI driver, it will display no switches as available. Same deal for the switch edit utility.

From your description it sounds like the TAPI driver was probably reporting no ports to us. It installs after the Dialogic drivers are installed and if that failed for whatever reason (bogus IRQ, wrong base address, a conflict in the system, whatever) the TAPI driver will install and load but set itself for no ports available since it didn’t detect any.

The easiest way to handle this is to fix the Dialogic problem using DCM as you did. Instead of uninstalling and reinstalling, however, reinitialize the TAPI driver configuration. To do this, first go to the Control Panel and open the “Telephony” application. On the “Telephony Drivers” tab, choose the ‘Dialogic Generation 2 Service Provider’ and hit the “Configure” button. On the configuration dialog, hit the “Detect Boards” button. If the Driver is now loaded and running properly the TAPI driver should now pick them up.

At this point if you restart the system, Unity should pick up the TAPI ports and allow you to select a switch configuration.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg