cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade 2.36 22 to 2.45

spoure
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded a Unity 2.3.6 22 to 2.45. I found that in a hard way that if you upgrade process for some reason fails and you rerun the upgrade...the second time upgrade will install the default settings for following call handlers:<br>Opening Greetings, operator and in general all the default handlers. The setup.exe does not warn you that this is what is going to happen. Syscheck and dirwalker fail to check the certain errors like MTS account can not be verified. In a situation that you are upgrading and setup comes up with a message "can not continue or do it manuall to proceed" after the reboot you can not run config manger to put the stuff there. Because it is going to put the default ones there. I believe in the setup there must be a radio button indicating upgrade. If you run upgrade 100 times it is still an upgrade. We charge a customer for an hour upgrade and we end up being there two days for free to rebuild the application. Is there a way that I can avoid this besides saving the settings for default call handlers by Print screening or using EX/IM utility. I have to streamline this process that our techs out thee can do this painlessly. Any help is appreciated.<br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Systems Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
1 Reply 1

Not applicable

I'm not really sure I understand your scenario here entirely but there's a couple of points...

you can actually successfully upgrade from 2.3.6 to 2.4.6... I've done this many times. The 2.4.5 migration path had some problems and we fixed a bunch of them in 2.4.6. I'd strongly reccomend going that route instead of banging your head on 2.4.5 upgrades.

If the migration server fails during upgrade, there's not a lot you can do to recover. This is the component that updates the data structures in the directory, converts file formats etc... there is no "un migrate" capability. The best I can suggest is a good backup.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)