cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Call Manager from 3.0(7) to 3.3(3) in one step

audrey.lafargue
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to install a CCM 3.3(3) and inject a 3.0(7) database?

The procedure tells that you must upgrade with the following steps : 3.0(7) -> 3.0(12) -> 3.1(4b) -> 3.3(3) but it takes nearly 10 hours.

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

c-charlebois
Level 3
Level 3

Well, you are talking about 3+ years of updates. That's about 3 hours per year, which seems pretty reasonable to me.

I don't know of any shortcuts, and I doubt they exist.

That is the only way to do it, the database changes between the versions are significant. The 3.3(3) install will only be able to recognize a 3.1(4b) or 3.2 database.

Hi,

I have the same problem, I need to upgrade CCM from version 3.1 to 3.3.

Can you confirm me if all the phones configurations, device profiles, gateways stored into the DB or users into the LDAP directory remain after these upgrade steps?

If no, is there another procedure to follow?

Thanks

Daniele

I just did the upgrade from 3.1.3a to 3.3.3.

First I had to upgrade from 3.1.3a to 3.1.4b using a file from CCO.

After I had (and you must have) the CDs of OS 2000.2.3 and when the installation requires you to put the CM CD, start the setup of CM 3.3.2. If your CDs are 2000.2.4 you can go strait to CM 3.3.3.

After I achieved CM 3.3.2, I got the OS upgrade from CCO to 2000.2.4 and finally CM 3.3.3.

Of course I applyied all patchs after all.

It took me a whole saturday and sunday to finish.

Hi Paulo,

about the OS upgrade, did you start from disk 2?

After the CCM upgrade, did you retain your old configuration (users,phones, profiles, etc)?

I have to do the same upgrade.

Thanks

This might work for an MCS server, but will not work for an ICS server. Also, note once you install OS 2000.2.5, you cannot reinstall CM 3.3.2 or 3.3.3 Both of these check the patch and OS Image before applying and that cannot be higher than OS 2000.2.4

I recall bumping to trouble with winOS images before with ICS System Software (winos-2000.2.5 was "too new" or something equally stupid, as you point out) but I'm 100% sure you can install CCM 3.3(3) on top of winos-2000.2.5sr3 -- I did this earlier today in a lab environment.

Regardless, the convulution of software dependancies sometimes seems too much to handle.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: