cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frw
Community Member

Upgrade CCM 4.1 to 6.0.1.2000-3

Hei,

i'm just getting a bit of "confused" (using the nice words) with the DMA.

I downloaded the newest DMA-Version, installed/configured all and took the Backup.

Upload to the new Box wasn't okay, because DMA stored the TAR-file with "#-" in the name what CCUM 6.0.1.2000-3 doesn't like. So i deleted those signs from the TAR-filename, uploaded it and tried the import via BulkAdministration - import/export - import".

So, after clicking the "submit"-Button i get an "Unmapped Exception bad header in block 38 record 18, header magic is not 'ustar' or unix-style, it is '105110...', or (dec) 105, 110,...

Hum?

Read in the internet about failure with tar.gz-decompression...

greetings

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Upgrade CCM 4.1 to 6.0.1.2000-3

Exactly what are you doing???????

this does not make any sense: uploaded it and tried the import via BulkAdministration - import/export - import

BAT has NOTHING to do with DMA.

When you install the CUCM you get to choose a fresh install or an upgrade, if you choose upgrade it will prompt you for the TAR file.

DMA tar file can ONLY be used at this point during install. NOT after CUCM has already been installed.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
frw
Community Member

Okay, that explains it... thanks for the response.

What i'm trying to do? I have a CUCM 6.0 running on a system and trying to migrate the files from the 4.1 CUCM...that's all. Seems not to be so unusual?!

regards

Cisco Employee

I meant the procedure you were following, not the fact of the upgrade.

I'll take you have installed and then tried to use DMA, not during install right?

HTH

java

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content