Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CCM cluster to 3.3.3 version problem

mborgul
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Today I was trying to upgrade our CCM Call Manager Cluster from 3.3.2 to 3.3.3 version. Unfortunately following problem has occured.

When I was trying upgrade subscriber (after I install CCM 3.3.3 on publisher) I got following error message:

---

Failure occurred trying to get DBNAME value from registry. Aborting Cisco CallManager installation.

---

I suppose that I have made mistake rebooting publisher before upgrading subscriber. I have noticed in SQL enterprise manager that on publisher there is two databases : CCM300 and CCM301.

Only CCM301 is published

On subscriber there is only subscription of CCM300. Now I see that IP telephony system works but I can't proceed instalation on subscriber.

Has anybody had any experience regarding that problem ?

If you need more information I will provide it to you as soon as possible

Thanks in advance

Michal Borgul

5 Replies 5

I had the same exact problem when upgrading. I had to call TAC and they had to get into the registry of the subscriber to point it to the right database. I wish I could tell you more, but they seemed to know exactly what the problem was because it is a known problem when performing the upgrade to 3.3.3.

Hello,

I got information that I should create dbname.ini and backup.ini files on subscriber. I have done this but It doesn't solve problem. I made additionally changes to Dbname Key in registry from CCM300 to CCM301. But it doesn't help too....

Michal Borgul

Hello,

I have some additional information.

I have noticed that Cisco tool called

Database Helper shows wrong name assigned to subscriber.

But I have checked LMHOSTS file and there is correct entries for exmaple:

10.81.1.8 TORCCM01 -our publisher

10.81.1.9 TORCCM02 -our subscriber

Database Helper shows following information

TORCCM01 10.81.1.8

TORCCM01 10 81.1.9

There is a following comment

Duplicate server found. Don't process.

It seems that it could be due to name resolution problem. But I see that LMhosts file is configured properly. In our CCM configuration we use IP addreses instead of DNS names.

So I hope maybe that information is a key to solve that problem

Best regards,

Michal

Hi

I`m having the same problem with my Subscriber, My Publisher did it until the 5th installation.

Has anyone got this working yet?

I'm also having the same problem. I have run DBL Helper and I have 2 problems. I have the same as ref above, duplicate name but I cannot find where the duplicate name is, also I have deleted an old subscriber and re built it and in the DNS part it is showing up as the new IP but the old name. I have checked the lmhosts file and when I run the nbtstat -c I get the correct names.

Any ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: