cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from 3.0.11 to 3.1.3a

SEAN NILSEN
Level 4
Level 4

I ran through the process for installing 3.1.3a flawlessly (and I followed the install procedure to the letter). EXCEPT, after the final reboot of 3.1.3a, my CallManager, FTP Publishing and CTI Manager services all fail to start. Call Manager gives a database connection error, FTP gives "The specified module could not be found" (ISM won't open either, that says it can't connect to the local server) and CTI Manager gives a "Node Undefined" error.

Any ideas? Has anyone fixed this?

I have applied OSupdate2-3 and 2-3a and SQL sp4., both downloaded from Cisco Software site.

I did reapply all updates, service packs, and upgrades with the same results.

3 Replies 3

rickb
Level 3
Level 3

The "database connection error" is kind of interesting. I'm curious if the SQLSvc account's password had been changed before? If SQL doesn't start right, CallManager will give this error and refuse to start, and upgrades tend to change the service's LogOn account's password.

Rick

kim-yin_tay
Level 1
Level 1

My colleague encounter this issue before. The TAC engr recommended him to upgrade the Call Manager version to 3.0(12) before finally upgrading it to 3.1(3a).

Steps :-

Upgrade to 3.0(12), check the database replication from publisher to subscriber works. Then proceed to upgrade to 3.1(3a)

Wow Thanks. My TAC engineer mentioned that as part of his troubleshooting and I would think that after one documented case where that happened they would publish that info in the readme somewhere? It's not, I checked twice. At least that's what *I'D* do if I wanted to keep my customers happy. This has been a painful upgrade for the client as well as me.

I am off to rebuild my publisher now, any other "undocumented features" anyone knows about this process? Rebuild, Restore, Upgrade again...