Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from 5.2.2 to 5.2.2.1 and backout plan

david.reid66
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks,

I intend to upgrade DMM and SnS 5.2.2 to 5.2.2.1 but what is the process to rebuild the servers if the upgrade should fail?

I see in the release notes that the upgrade path for my hardware is: 5.1>5.2>5.2.1>5.2.2 which seems like a lot of upgrading to get the servers back to 5.2.2.

These servers went in as 4.1 so the only "base" release I have is 4.1 so getting to 5.2.2 is going to take days if I have to run every upgrade version.

Is there a "base" 5.2 version (or even 5.1) available for DMM and SnS? All of the version posted are upgrade versions. Or is there a way to revert back to a previous version "easily"?

Thanks,

David Reid

3 Replies 3

quake3bak
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find a way to downgrade or a "base"5.2 Version? I'm looking for same solution too...

If you have a contract TAC can post a "base" 5.2.1 version that you can use. However, the image that I downloaded does not work and I'm waiting for TAC to tell me why.

Very poor response to my repeated requests for an update from them so far so I don't expect an answer any time soon!

I heard from someone that Cisco dosen't support any 'Base Download CD" except "Base CD with their included the package. and I don't have any contract number and, all that I have expired. So, nothing to do to me...

Anyway thanks to reply~!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: