Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrade from Unity 3.1 Native Vs. Mixed Mode

My Unity server is currently in a reduced functionality state, because I moved my user's Exchange 5.5 mailboxes to my new Exchange 2003 server. I am currently running in Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 mixed mode to support my Exchange 5.5 server and a NT 4.0 BDC.

I am planning my Unity upgrade to version 4.03. I am wondering would there be any advantage to dropping my Exchange 5.5 box now and moving to Exchange 2003 native mode before the Unity upgrade? Or would it make any difference if I did that before or after? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Aaron Gabrielson

aaron_gabrielson@hotmail.com

1 REPLY

Re: Upgrade from Unity 3.1 Native Vs. Mixed Mode

I don't believe Unity cares about whether the domain is in mixed mode versus native. The features gained from converting to native (universal groups, etc.) aren't used by Unity.

I wouldn't base a decision to move to native mode on the fact that I'm upgrading my voice mail. In fact, it's probably in your best interest to keep that Ex55 box around just in case until the system's proven it can function properly with Ex2k3.

adam

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content