cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Key

sgamer
Level 1
Level 1

We installed the Unity 3.0.2 upgrade recently and were given a "temporary" key. Now that we received the Unity 3.x upgrade we would like to install the correct key. Unfortunately I do not have access to a Unity server to write up a procedure for the field engineer and have failed to find it on CCO. It seems to me that you just insert the disk with the new key, run a "upgrade license" utility and point it at the diskette drive. Not sure if it needs to be rebooted or not. I found something on CCO about running install from disk 1, etc. but I'm hoping we don't have to do that. If anyone could point me to where I might find a detailed procedure for this I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.<br><br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

yup... you got it about right. Run the "Upgrade License" application under the Unity program group and hit the "Upgrade System" button. The resulting dialog will let you point at the license file you were emailed or snail-mailed on floppy or past the upgrade code in (it's a big, long ~70 character encrypted string). This will update the PROM on the secruity key and you're good to go (as long as the license key matches the serial number of the security key in question, of course).

Once the key is updated, Unity needs to be restarted (the box does not need to be rebooted).

there is no need to run a Unity upgrade unless the stuff you changed on the key activates a new feature that was not installed (i.e. you turn on RealSpeak TTS... it's not installed by default, of course, you need to run a Unity upgrade to get it on there). If it's just opening up more seats of VMO or more TTS users etc... there's no problem.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

If you are adding ports to the TSP in the process you will need to reboot the box for those to come alive.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com