cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade MCS Backup 3.2.21 to 3.4.31 error

m.balastik
Level 1
Level 1

When trying to upgrade the MCS Backup utility from 3.2.21 to 3.4.31 I get the error message that the version of CM I have is not supported?? The utility is sitting on it's own Win2K box where CM is not loaded. Version of CM I am running in my cluster is 3.2(2c) sp F.

2 Replies 2

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

I couldn't find much info on the upgradation of MCS Backup Utility in the Cisco website.The upgradation of the Backup utility can be done during the CM upgradation itself. It actually asks for automatic upgradation.For more details on this, please refer to the url given below:

Upgrading Cisco CallManager Release 3.0(7) from the Web

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_installation_guide09186a00800b7170.html

CM is not sitting on this box so I will never be able to upgrade the software via the CM upgrade process. When upgrading my CM I was asked if it was a server or target of the backup software and I indicated that it was a target. The URL you listed does not give me any new information.

Perhaps a change can be made in the MCS Backup installation software so that when it checks for the CM version and the MCS version that it will not fail if CM is not loaded locally. This appears to be what is happening.

Monica

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: