cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade path from Unity 2.4.6 and E55 to Unity 4.x and Exchange 2000

n.kyei
Level 1
Level 1

What is the recommended upgrade path going from Unity 2.4.6 in an Exchange 5.5 environment to Unity 4.x with E2K.?? The E5.5 upgrade to E2K will be done during the upgrade process.

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check out the 4.0(2) installation guide here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_guide_book09186a00801507d5.html

there's a section in there for the process of upgrading from 2.x to 4.x. The short story is you use FullDBExport to get the Unity data (most of it anyway, check out the help for FullDBExport for a full run down on what's backed up and what's not) out. You then do a new, fresh installation of Unity 4.x in whatever environement you want (i.e. into a 2K install). Then you run the FullDBImport and it'll find you're users by their mail alias during restore and you should be fine.

the install guide has more detail, of course, but that's the process in a nut shell.

Kinda the same question here, I've looked at the install guide link listed above but I'm unclear on a point or two.

I have a customer running Unity VM 2.46.135 on a Win2k box w/ Exchange 5.5 and AD. The want to go to VM 4.0(2). It as if I can just patch the OS and Exchange, install MSDE, FullDBExport, and install 4.0(2). The guide lists uninstalling 2.46 only in a UM scenario. Is this correct?

Also, any real advantage to upgrading to Exchange 2k at the same time? The customer has about 200 users total and a CM 3.3 cluster. Thanks in advance.

If you're installing on the same box you most definitely need to fully uninstall Unity 2.4.6 prior to installing 4.0(2).

Thanks for the clarification, the document isn't real clear. It looks like I'll need to upgrade to Exchange 2K since this is a VM-only w/ On box message store. Is this correct?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: