Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrade to 3.0(3)

AD<br>E2K<br>SQL 2000<br><br>I upgraded from Unity 3.01 to Unity 3.03 and also upgraded to TSP 3.0.3 and applied SQL2K SP1 and E2K SP1. The upgrade went fine. I looked through the application log today to look for any errors and I get this one on both of my unity servers (By the way there are two Unity servers in the same dial domain) Here is the error I am getting, is there anything I can do to resolve this.<br><br>3041 :<br>BACKUP failed to complete the command BACKUP DATABASE UnityDb TO UnityDbDump WITH DESCRIPTION='Nightly Differential Backup', DIFFERENTIAL<br><br><br>Thanks<br><br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Upgrade to 3.0(3)

This does not look like a Unity error. Are you using some sort of backup program to backup SQL? If so, that looks to be the problem.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Upgrade to 3.0(3)

Actually… this is probably a known issue with the Nightly/Weekly backups that Unity does of it’s SQL data. It’ll go away probably on the first Sunday after you install.

The problem is we are supposed to do a Full backup of the SQL on the first night after install and then do differentials after that… full backups are then done every Sunday night after that. The problem was a full backup wasn’t done the first night so the incremental backups fail until that’s done on Sunday. Not real critical but it will show some annoying error messages in the event log for that first week.

You can see the stored jobs for Unity’s backup by going into the SQL enterprise manager, going to the Management\SQL ServerAgent\Jobs node and you’ll see two tasks: one for nightly and one for weekly backups. You can kick the weekly (full) one off manually and then this will stop if you don’t want to wait until Sunday for it to clear.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies