Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Upgrade to 3.3 from 3.2.2 Questions

I am going to upgrade to 3.3.2 etc this weekend and after reading through the instructions I still have some questions.

Can anyone help?

My cluster is currently using Active Directory as its LDAP directory. The instructions do not mention anything about this. Do I just need to re-install the plugin afterwards and repoint at my Active Directory?

I am also a big user of Extension Mobility. Has anyone experienced any problems with the restoration of this service from the previous version?

The way I read the upgrade instructions, it seems to imply that after the upgrade SQL Server 7 continues to be the database used by the subscriber even though the publisher is using Windows 2000. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Community Member

Re: Upgrade to 3.3 from 3.2.2 Questions

When I did the upgrade the AD/plugin was upgraded with it and I did not have to reinstall it.

Cisco Employee

Subscriber servers (once they are upgraded) also use SQL Server 2000 just like the upgraded publisher. They will no longer use SQL Server 7.

Extension Mobility will continue to work correctly in CCM 3.3. The UDPs will still be present, and the UDP associations to users will still be there. But you will have to reconfigure the service and the definition in IP Phone Services, since Extension Mobility in CCM 3.3 is part of the CCM software now, instead of using Extended Services. See this URL for more info:

Community Member

Remove AD from CM using the plugin before upgrading to 3.3.3, if you do not revert your CM back to DC directory before running 3.3.3 upgrade, it will fail. Even worse, after it fails, and you then rerun the CM upgrade now that you have reverted your LDAP directory back to DC directory, it will continue to fail.

Pull a drive and backup your database before starting!

Community Member

Thanks for the tip.

I wish Cisco would document the Active Directory plugin as part of the upgrade procedure.

It is so long since I used DC Directory I don't know what the admin password is. Did it prompt you for the passwords during the upgrade?

CreatePlease to create content