cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to 4.0(3) with Exchange 5.5 and 2003 involved

Current:

Unity 3.15

Exchange 5.5 Unified

I will be performing an upgrade to 4.03 with currently with Exchange 5.5. They have the Exchange 2003 connector to Exchange 5.5. We first want to accomplish the upgrade to 4.03. What I am just a little confused on is the process that will need to happen when the customers move the Exchange accounts from 5.5 to 2003. BTW the NT 4.0 accounts will also come over to their AD.

Are there some more steps involved here? Do I need to have Unity communicating directly to the Exchange 2003 server, before they move over mailboxes, etc?

Thanks for the help

2 REPLIES

Re: Upgrade to 4.0(3) with Exchange 5.5 and 2003 involved

Just wondering if anyone had some advice on this. I have not come accross a good document that talks about 5.5 to Excahnge 2003 and AD requirements.

I plan to use diffrent service accounts when I move from the NT domain to AD. I would assume permissions wizzard should take care of this.

Thanks

Re: Upgrade to 4.0(3) with Exchange 5.5 and 2003 involved

We recently have made a new 2003 domain and are in the process of migrating accounts from the NT4 domain to the 2003 domain. The 5.5 Exchange svr running Unity did not hold the accounts till now because it is not part of the new domain. So, exchange is just forwarding the messages to the new domain. Works fine except for 2 issues:

1. If you call your phone you never have messages.

2. Your message light will not work b/c of #1.

I would be interested to know if anyone has had any issues as well.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content