Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrade to Exchange 2000 from 5.5

Old question. I am ready to do the migration now. However, the distribution groups for Unity (All subscribers, Unaddressed messages) didn't get migrated over to Active Directory. Will i get them back by running the Configuration Setup from Unity? Or do i need to manually recreate them.

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Upgrade to Exchange 2000 from 5.5

You can run the full Configuration Setup for just the Configuration Setup Syncher. The Syncher doesn't require the Unity be stopped and is quicker. To run the Syncher launch Configuration Setup with the /sync switch.

Example:

c:\CommServer\ConfigurationSetup\Setup.exe /sync

Keith

Re: Upgrade to Exchange 2000 from 5.5

We have two "all subscribers" showing up in Unity but only one in our AD tree. Within Unity the one "all subscribers" DL that is not able to be deleted doesn't show anyone in the list and does not allow you to add them to the list. In fact, new users getting created pop an error that the could not be added to the DL. The one "all subscribers" that does have the Delete option is populated. I believe it was left over from a bad install. We have cleaned up almost every other instance of the bad install but this one still seems to linger. will the /sync option help this as well? If so, is there any caveat to doing this one night? I have never done the installation and am just a bit nervous.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content