cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade to failover server

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

Can we upgrade nonfailover unity server to fialover primary server? What's the process?Thanks

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

It's just a normal upgrade.

There is no difference between a stand alone system and a 'primary server'. They are the same thing.

Keith

Maybe my question is not clear enough here. Let me restate that.

I have a 3.14 unity running. Now I would like to have the system be a fail-over system. BY reading the documentation, I understand I need exchange offbox. Fortunately, it is offbox exchange now. But I am still not clear the other things:Like how can I get a primary/secondary license key for the two fail-over server? What steps I need to change the existing server as fail-over server?

Can you give me some directions, thanks a lot.

The primary license which you refer to is the standard license that every Unity server ships with. Therefore all standalone Unity 3.1(X) servers can be considered a primary.

If you wish to add failover you need to buy a failover license. The license (dongle) will have the same features as the primary; however the failover flag is marked.

If you already have a standalone Unity running and decide to add failover you do not need to reinstall it. You can run the failover config wizard to integrate it with the new failover server.

If you have another standalone/primary server that is already running Unity and now you would like it to become a failover server for a different standalone/primary, you would need to reinstall the machine you wish to make into failover server.

Keith