Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

Upgrade to Unity 4.0.3 from Unity 3.1.1

To downgrade to previous working Unity version if upgrade to Unity 4.0.3 fails, we need to be at 3.1.5 and use the CiscoUnity Disaster Recovery Tool to backup our configuration. So, we have to upgrade our existing 3.1.1 Unity version to 3.1.5, and how do we do that?

Option 1> Use the existing 3.1.1 CDs and patch them with the files CiscoUnity3.1.5PatchFrom3.1.1-CD1-only.exe or CiscoUnity3.1.5PatchFrom3.1.1.exe. Unfortunately these patch files are not available on CCO Software Center !!

Option 2> Use the file CiscoUnity3.1.5.CD1.exe,

available in CCO Software Center Unity Archive, to upgrade directly from 3.1.1 to 3.1.5.

Then we also need the CiscoUnity3.1.5ServicePacks-ENU-CD1of3.exe and CiscoUnity3.1.5ServicePacks-ENU-CD2of3.exe and CiscoUnity3.1.5ServicePacks-ENU-CD3of3.exe, which are also not available on CCO Software Center.

Please let me know which option is best for me to upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.1.5 and where from can I get those softwares since they are not available on CCO?

Thanks for your help,

Partha

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Upgrade to Unity 4.0.3 from Unity 3.1.1

Well, I am reading on the DiRT tool page that it is supported on Unity 3.1.1. So , I guess I can backup my Unity while on version 3.1.1.

So, do I really need to go to Unity 3.1.5 and then upgrade to 4.0.3 ???

Cisco Employee

No, you can upgrade directly from 3.1(1) to 4.0(3) without going through 3.1(5).

Silver

And I can backup my Unity 3.1.1 using the DiRT tools, to restore it in case upgrade fails, correct?

Cisco Employee

yes - you'll have to install 3.1(1) clean and get it running and _then_ restore it, of course, but yes.

Views
Helpful
Replies