Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrade Unity 3.1.4 server by building a new 3.1.5 server. Recommendations?

I have a customer that would like to upgrade both their CM and Unity.

Currently CM 3.1.3a(SPf) (Pub and Sub) & Unity 3.1.4 (not integrated into their exchange enviroment).

Destination versions are CM 3.2.2c(SPg) & Unity 3.1.5

Intro Question: Should Unity or CM be upgraded first? (my thoughts are CM)

Main Question: Is it possible to BU their current unity server with the Dirt utility and then restore it to a newly installed 3.1.5 server(not patched)?

If not - Then then I'm guessing I will require special file access to install the patch for the new server with a full version of 3.1.1 or 3.1.3 to take it to 3.1.4 inorder for the BU and restore to work?

Thanks inadvance for all your suggestions and help

yb

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Upgrade Unity 3.1.4 server by building a new 3.1.5 server. R

It really doesn't matter if you upgrade CM or Unity first as long as your TSP is compatible with both:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/cmptblty/tspmtrx.htm

DiRT requires backup and restore to the same version only. If you want to move Unity to another server I suggest you upgrade the current server first to 3.1(5) and then backup with DiRT.

Hope that helps,

Keith

Re: Upgrade Unity 3.1.4 server by building a new 3.1.5 server. R

Thanks for your suggestions.

- The new server will be build off-site and and swapped once data has been migrated and the server has been upgraded.

- I was looking for a faster way to build the new server and hoping the utility would accomplish this.

yb

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content