Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Upgraded to CCM3.2 now have 'Bad Ring List File!"

I just upgraded our Call Manager to 3.2. Everything seems fine except now I only have the 2 default ring types. Chirp 1 and Chirp 2. I checked the TFTP Path

and the XML file and all the files appear to be alright. I had all the rings before the upgrade. Anybody have any ideas?

Thank You!

Brent Kovar

TXU Communications

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Upgraded to CCM3.2 now have 'Bad Ring List File!"

Can you check the properties of the ringlist.xml. Right-click on it then go to properties. Click on the advanced tab. Make sure under the compress and encrypt options that neither of those is selected. Let me know what you find and if this solves the issue.

Thank you,

-Mckee

I checked this and neither is selected. I have tried restarting the TFTP service and then reseting a phone, but still only the 2 ring types show up.

I haven't yet restarted the entire server yet.

Thanks,

Brent Kovar

TXU Communications

Cisco Employee

I thought that might be it. If you don't see that then I am not sure what is causing it. I can do so more research and see what happens. I really would not know unless I see this happen to a system and then fix it. I guess you would need to open a TAC case to get traction on this issue.

Sorry I'm not sure what is going on,

-Mckee

I also had this problem. Did you checked the status messages in your 7940/7960 phones? The message "tftp timeout" appeared. After putting the tftp server address in the Callmanager TFTP service configuration the problems were solved.

maybe this information will help you.

regards,

Patrick

I have opened a case with Cisco. There is already a bug out on this issue. CSCdw93219

The only status message that appears when I check the phone is the cnf.xml file and I can't do anything with it. I don't see the tftp timeout message. I'll let you know what I hear.

Thank!

Brent

Here is the workaround I received in case anybody is having this same problem.

Go to Services-TFTP -

Select the TFTP server and go to Advanced.

Change Enable Caching of Files at Startup to FALSE.

Then reload the phones.

Thanks!

Brent

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content