cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgradeing Unity from 3x to 4x and changing domains

jsayers
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to find any documentation or information to help with switching domains, or any of those other little quirks that are left of of some cisco documentation. Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot switch domains after Unity has been installed. You will have to do a DiRT backup, then install a new unity server in the other domain. The last step is to do a DiRT Restore.

I was wondering becuase i was told there was a way to switch domains, i guess just more bad info. Also beside copying the stream folder and running dirt, is there any other information I can transfer over?

What Data Is Saved

Most Unity data is saved in this process. This includes all subscriber data, call handlers, interviewers, voice names, greetings, passwords, switch configuration information, etc?optionally you can backup report data and in the case of an Exchange based system, subscriber messages as well. Only a few specific items and settings are not preserved during the restore process.

What Data Is Not Saved

Raw diagnostic and report logs. Optionally report data in SQL is saved.

If you’ve changed your logging location for diagnostics and/or data files, this will be forced back to the default location under the install directory. You will need to make this change again if you wish this directory to be moved again.

Any mappings made with the GrantUnityAccess tool. Any non subscriber accounts you had configured to have SA access to the Unity server will need to be remapped using GrantUnityAccess after the restore is complete.

If you’ve moved the UnityMTA directory share, this will be put back to the default folder under the installation directory. You will need to make this change again if desired.

Any customizations made to the ENU (Error Notification Utility) will not be preserved. If, however, you are using the new Event Monitoring Service (EMS) which replaces the old ENU tool, this information is restored properly.

If you’ve setup the use of a custom codec (i.e. G729a) this information is not saved, you will need to configure that again using the SetRecordFormat tool.

http://ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/DiRT/index.html