Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrades

I recently read the things to know when upgrading Unity from a TAC newsletter. The article stated that 2.1 and 2.2 customers would need a new dongle. It also had a list of the supported upgrade versions. The list does not include the version 2.3 build 2.3.4.102. I am about to run an upgrade on a Unity with unified messaging that is at the 2.3.4.102 build and would like to know if I can upgrade with only the 2.4.6.102 software and nothing else. I have already posted the question in the past and the response has been that I can just upgrade but this new tech note without the build listed that I am currently at concerned me. Can I get a definitive answer? Thanks in advance. <br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Upgrades

2.3.4 build 104 is the oldest version QA tests with when doing upgrade test plans. The differences between build 102 and 104 are minor and shouldn't cause you problems BUT I have to say we don't test with that version so there is an element of risk involved here.

That's the best answer I can give you. Be sure to backup your system before upgrading (which is always a good move regardles).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies