Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrading 2.x to 3.1, separate server

I have Unity 2.4.6(102) on NT4SP6a and Exchange 5.5SP4. All subscriber mailboxes are on another Exchange 5.5 server. I would like to upgrade Unity to 3.1 and move it to another server. I have two quick questions:<br><br>1. I intend to bring up the new server with the same name and IP address as the original. I know how to take the existing one out of the domain and put in the new one. How should I handle the Exchange site? Should I remove the original Unity server from the site? Uninstall Unity (I would rather keep it for fallback); or, can I simply take it offline, go to the Exchange raw attributes for each subscriber and reset the voice_mail_ID to 0 so I can reimport them into the new Unity? Is there any other cleanup involved?<br><br>2. After the upgrade, my MS folks would like to upgrade Exchange from 5.5 to 2000. I'll only be running the admin tools on Unity, not Exchange. Are there any caveats or pitfalls?<br><br>Thanks.<br><br><br><br>

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: Upgrading 2.x to 3.1, separate server

You will need to run the Unity uninstall before you can re-import those mailboxes to your new 3.1 system. Once you do that you don't have a reason to not remove the machine from Exchange but you can do it whenever.

Check out this URL for 5.5. to 2000 instructions:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/inst/inst31/inst_040.htm#xtocid2

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content