Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading CRA 2.2(3b) to CRS 3.1(1)

mayank.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!! Guys

Anyone upgraded successfully from a CRA 2.2(3b) to CRS 3.1(1). Any comments and advice will be appreciated.

thks

Mayank

5 Replies 5

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

I personally feel the best way to upgrade from 2.2 to 3.1 is to NOT upgrade. Just save your .aef files and .wav files on another machine. Then install a clean version of CRS 3.1. After that you can just upload your scripts and .wav files and you are back in business. I just did this yesterday and everything went well.

Yup think that a clean instalation is the best and then to convert the profile from 2.x to 3.X but a thing is that in my case some of the scripts had to be manually converted before use.

thks..

I do not trust the profile conversion. The main things to save is the scripts. When you open your 2.x scripts in the 3.1 CRA Editor they are converted to the correct format. So just save your scripts and .wav files, install 3.1, after the installation download the new CRA Editor from plugins, open each of your scripts, save them, upload them, upload the .wav files.

A good thing about the profile conversion is that it helps you to retain your subsystem setting such as jtapi, database, Resource Manager etc, Rather then to have to key them in again.

Did you have any issues with your upgrade from CRA 2.2(3b) to CRS 3.1(1). Any comments and advice will be appreciated.

Were you able to use the same server platform? or did you do the install on a new server?

Roughly, how long did the install take?

Referring to your comment about the profile conversion, would you recommend using it?

Thank you,

janet

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: