cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading Demos

ievans
Level 1
Level 1

Jeff<br><br>I wanted to see how the upgrade process for Unity functions in a lab environment. I have a Win2k DC connected to a Win2k server running Exchange 5.5 SP4. I'd like to teach myself the upgrade process from Exchange 5.5/Unity 2.4.6.135 to Exchange 2000/Unity 3.1. Obviously I won't place any TAC cases should I run into problems as it will be on demo software. I remember reading that (I think) as of .135 you can only have 5 demo users. That's fine, (as I'll just create a simple config of users) but would I need a software key to keep that many fictional users through the upgrade process to 3.1? Will the CDs install on most hardware? I'm running Dell Poweredge 2450s. Lastly, is it possible to setup a lab config (again on Dell's) of CallManager to proceed from the good ol days of 3.08 to Bravo (Some coworkers have said there are demo CDs that don't require compaq hardware)? Then I can learn about the process of the whole shebang. I'd be happy to write a doco of my success (with any of these possibilities) should anyone else like to learn about it.<br><br>TIA<br>Ian<br><br>

1 Reply 1

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

The demo key does not change between 2.4.6.135 and 3.1 so you don't need to worry about that. The Unity installation does not check for hardware and thus will install on a wide range of machines. CallManager 3.0 or later has never been officially released in a 'demo' version like Unity has. I don't know of any plans to do so.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems