Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrading Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 (In-place upgrade)

I would like to get confirmation that i can do the following to upgrade my Exchange 5.5 to 2000 in a Unity UM environment (based on Cisco's instruction).

1) In Add/Remove - Uninstall Unity Configuration.

2) Perform an In-Place Upgrade from 5.5 to Exchange 2000 on the off-box Email server.

3) Rerun Unity setup on Unity to reattach to Exchange 2000. All accounts should match since the alias names are the same in the Exchange 2000 server.

My concern: Since Unity adds a few RAW level attributes onto Exchange 5.5 user objects, would there be problems preventing the upgrade to Exchange 2000? (or would it just ignores those attributes and upgrade it?)

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Upgrading Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 (In-place upgrade)

As long are you are using the Microsoft Active Directory Connector (ADC) to do the upgrade you should be fine. We run a program called the syncher at the end of configuration setup which re-adds all of the necessary data from the local SQL store into AD.

Keith

is the prgram syncher a separate application that needs to be installed and run, or does this run from the installation program?

Cisco Employee

It's launched from the installation automatically. You can kick it off manually as well if you need to but the need to do so is rare.

Gold

The syncher is automatically run with configuration setup.

It is possible to manually run to syncher too by launching it from command.

Example:

c:\commserver\ConfigurationSetup\Setup.exe /synch

Keith

Views
Helpful
Replies