cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading firmware disables MWI light

sstruckm
Level 1
Level 1

I have upgraded my 7940 phones to P00305000101 and now the MWI lamp does not light when a message is received. The envelope flashes and the message appears at the bottom of the display ("you have new voice mail") but the red light does not turn on. I can call the MWI extension and turn on and off the flashing envelope and clearing vmails also turns off the envelope. Is this a new setting that needs to be re-enabled? Is there a bug that I can not find?

13 Replies 13

dugrant
Level 4
Level 4

What version of CM are you running?

I am running Call Manager Version 3.1

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

Have you tried doing a global reset of the MWI in Unity?

Yes, No Change. It appears to be a setting in the phone itself. The phone is getting the MWI indicator and turning on the flashing envelope just not the red light. And this all happened after I upgraded the firmware. Is the flashing envelope not associated to the MWI like I think it is? Maybe I am just way off...

Has anyone else loaded the new firmware yet? Did you get the same problem?

I have been running P00305000101 for 2 weeks on 4 7940s, 1 7960 and 1 7960 with a 7914 side car.

No problems. Message Lights work OK.

Planning to upgrade the other 300+ phones in a week or so.

Running CCM3.3(2) SP B

John

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

You might try down loading the P00305000101 software onto CCM. The reason I'm suggesting this is I had a problem with the 7912 not registering with CCM. I downloaded the latest firmware for the 7912 and then had a listing for the 7912 in the Device Defaults page but the Phone Template field was blank. Result was the 7912 still would not register. I down loaded the firmware a second time and everything started working fine. Just a suggestion.

Larry

Was the MWI definately working prior to upgrading the firmware. The reason why I ask is that I came across a similar problem which was only affecting specific IP Phones.

The problem in this instance was related to the user's specific message handling rules within Outlook. The rule moved a VM-message from the inbox to another folder, consequently the MWI was set to off, and hence the MWI would never come on.

Just a possibility, check the users message handling rules ???

We have identified a bug in the new phone loads: CSCec04257. The problem is that the way MWI messages are sent to the phone changed with 3.2. The new (5.0) phone loads work with 3.2 and 3.3, but not with 3.1.

We are having the same issue running 3.1 and the new loads, interestingly enough part of CCM 3.1 Dev Pack 11.

Will Cisco ever come out with a fix for those of us who are not planning on upgrading to 3.3 anytime soon?

Thanks,

Tony.

The problem was fixed in load P00305000104, so P00305000200 (on cco) should have it as well.

sstruckm
Level 1
Level 1

I downloaded and installed the latest phone firmware and this fixed the problem. P003-5-0-2

Hi:

I did upgraded to firmware P00305000300 or P00405000300 but the 7914 didnt load where can i found the newest version for 7914?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: