cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrading from 2.4.5.66

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I am upgrading from 2.4.5.66 to 2.4.6.126 The release notes say I need to be at 2.4.6.102, but the sw is not available. Anyone have a hint here?<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

I downloaded the release notes and read over them... I don't think the note in there that you have to be at Unity 2.4.6 build 102 first is accurate, but no one is around today to check with.

Looking at the unpacked 2.4.6 126 files there it looks like it's just the entire CD #1 from the 3 CD 2.4.6 set. I believe you should be able to upgrade from any version that 2.4.6 allows you to (i.e. 2.3.4 build 104 or later). Just doing a quick test here it upgraded my 2.4.5 build 66 to 2.4.6 just fine.

I'll tackle someone on the sustaining team tomorrow and have them verify that note, but I'm reasonably sure it's not correct.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Thanks Jeff. Please let me know as soon as possible.
Anthony Lopez

Not applicable

Short story:

What is out on CCO is Disk 1 of the full 3 CD set of 2.4.6 build 126. This is an US English only version of 126 (Multilingual will be posted in a couple weeks). The Dialgoic and fax related files are on CDs 2 and 3 of the set.

So... If you have a US English only version of Unity that isn't using fax and is not using Dialogic software (i.e. it's connected to a Call Manager and is not a dual switch integration) you can go ahead and use this to update your 2.4.5 system no problem.

If you're using Dialogic (or dual switch) and the like, you need to order a full set of CDs. Posting all 3 CDs to CCO was frowned on by the powers that be since it parked on quite a bit of space and the bandwidth that would be chewed up downloading the entire thing would be pretty huge.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)