Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Upgrading from 2.4.x to 3.13

Active FAx is no longer supported in Unity 3.x. One of my customer has a 2.4.x box and wanted to upgrade to Unity 3.x. Does that mean that they will need to buy another server for faxing? (Say, Rightfax?)<br><br>Systems Engineer

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Upgrading from 2.4.x to 3.13

yes, or they can install LightningFax off box (that's the fax server "under the covers" for ActiveFax). As long as it's off the Unity server it can be any one of the supported 3rd party fax servers.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

I am looking at upgrading them to Rightfax. I am looking at uninstalling all of the ActiveFax components off from 2.4.6 and then use a different server to install Rigghtfax. (Client has a Exchange 5.5 environment - msg are stored on the non-Unity server). After the fax portion is offically uninstalled from 2.4.6, the new Rightfax server will be installed. Once it is confirmed working with 2.4.6 and Exchange properly, then i will upgrade 2.4.6 to 3.1.4. Let me know if you see any issue doing this.

Would also shoot me an email with your response? I had subscribed to a few threads but i wasn't getting notified via email (still like the old site better).

Cisco Employee

There shouldn't be any issues with this. Since Unity is simply looking at the message class of mails in the users' inbox to determine if it's a fax you can, in fact, be running both Interstar and RightFax at the same time and users will still get inbound faxes just fine. For delivery it'll be whichever Exchange fax gateway comes up first (they can be weighted) to determine which fax server handles the outbound fax.

Make sure to let the folks that run this forum know you're having trouble with the email notification so they can look into it... use the "feedback" link in the upper right.

BTW - I can't email you because you didn't expose your email address in your profile. I don't have moderator status out here so I can only see what you expose.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content